05 September 2012

Birthday Parties


I remember birthday parties fondly from my childhood..but now that I have to THROW them......I just want to curl up in a ball and rock in the corner.  To be fair I haven't actually thrown a kids party in nearly 3 years, but I still feel woefully out of my depth.  What day do you have it, how long do you have it for, what time does it start, what kind of food, party games?

A has decided that he has to have a party this year because he is turning five; it's a big deal apparently to turn five.  Thankfully he doesn't want to invite the entire kindy, in fact, his invite list consists of a respectable five other children.  Unfortunately he has been sick, and not been at kindy, so the amount of notice I wanted to give for this party has kind of disappeared.  Invites need to go out tomorrow, at the latest, and I still haven't decided on the important things like what time it starts and what time it finishes.....at least the date is sorted.  Hopefully people will be able to come, or am going to have one disappointed little boy.

So now I have less than 2 weeks to plan EVERYTHING..and I will admit that I am slightly freaked out.  At least we won't have to corral a massive number of children, and the house is big enough to entertain in if the weather takes a turn for the worst.  I think the theme is pirates..so it should be fun to try and pull together...but need to shop for some things now and do a couple of test runs, in case it all goes pear shaped and there is time to 'fix' it.  We didn't do that a couple of times, and there wasn't really time to put it right the way we would have liked.

Fingers crossed it's a fun day....and the weather cooperates.....and the cake turns out how it should...

No comments:

Post a Comment